Below is an excerpt from the original article about the beginning of Alcoholics Anonymous.
You can find an excellent and concise description of the whole process in my title "God and Alcoholism: Our Growing Opportunity in the 21st Century (http://www.dickb.com/Godandalcoholism.shtml), pp. 2 -12.
A short description of the original program as Frank Amos described it, would be:
1. Abstinence-the alcoholic shall realize he must never again drink.
2. Absolute surrender of himself to God.
3. He must remove from his life the sins which frequently accompany alcoholism.
4. He must have devotions every morning-a Quiet Time of prayer and Bible reading.
5. He must be willing to help other alcoholics get straightened out.
6. Important, but not vital, he must frequently meet with other "reformed" alcoholics and form both a social and religious comradeship.
7. Important, but not vital, he must attend some religious service at least once weekly.
To read the complete article visit the original source at: